Autor Thema: Simplest setup to monitor and log 2 thermocouples?  (Gelesen 5470 mal)

Offline Philip

Simplest setup to monitor and log 2 thermocouples?
« am: Oktober 18, 2007, 11:56:31 Vormittag »
I am quoting for a job that requires monitoring of two temperatures (thermocouples) a couple of pressure switches and has two output alarms. The control panel will be in an un-manned site and user needs to know if a temperature alarm has been tripped and what the maximum/minimum value reached has been (eg value has to be logged and displayed on screen). I would like to use the MFD display plus controller. What is the simplest configuration that will support 2 thermocouples, 2 digital inputs and 2 digital outputs.

Offline Mr. Spok

Re: Simplest setup to monitor and log 2 thermocouples?
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 18, 2007, 12:51:36 Nachmittag »
Hello Philip,

for thermocouples-input you can use:

- MFD-80-B          (Display with buttons)
- MFD-CP8-ME     (CPU-Module without network)
- MFD-TP12-NI-A (In-/Output Module for thermocouples and digital in/out)

For showing the max and the min value on display is not the problem, if you not need the timestamp from the systemclock.

Regards Jan
Für die Richtigkeit und Funktionalität der hier veröffentlichten Beispiele wird keine Gewähr übernommen.
Für Schäden, die durch Verwendung der Beispiele entstehen, wird keine Haftung übernommen.

Offline Philip

« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 18, 2007, 13:19:06 Nachmittag »
Jan,

Thanks for your speedy reply.

That looks straight relatively straight forward. However I would like to log the time the first alarm is triggered and I presumed because the MFD-CP8-ME has a 7 day time clock I could log the time the alarm tripped and display this on the MFD-80-B. It sounds from your reply that there might be a problem doing this,or is it just a matter of reading the system clock and writing to memory.

Philip

Offline Mr. Spok

« Antwort #3 am: Oktober 18, 2007, 13:40:37 Nachmittag »
Hello Phillip,

You can use the intere watch for automatic day/week/year-timers, but you have no other access on the current date and the time. You don't store it in markers. You can read ang write the date and time on display, but this it´s all.

mfG Jan
Für die Richtigkeit und Funktionalität der hier veröffentlichten Beispiele wird keine Gewähr übernommen.
Für Schäden, die durch Verwendung der Beispiele entstehen, wird keine Haftung übernommen.