Autor Thema: interface to embedded processor?  (Gelesen 7094 mal)

Offline Chris C

interface to embedded processor?
« am: November 16, 2007, 13:48:20 Nachmittag »
Hi all,

Currently I have a couple of easy 800 based module running @ home. :) They are used for controlling all light switches and my ventilation unit. Now I would like to integrate my alarm system as well, but this is a bit more complex. Let me explain:
The alarm is controlled by an embedded ATMega32 controller running and controlling the entire system such as PIR sensors, LCD screens, keypad etc... This system was also completely programmed by myself, so I have full access to the firmware if it. Now I would like to add a couple of simple features like "turn on a couple lights when the alarm goes off" e.g. To do so I need an interface connection between my ATMega32 and the easy relais. Most simple approach for me would be RS 232 based as this is available in the ATMega32 controller. Now as far as I understand the RS 232 capabilities of the  easy 800 modules, this is limited to sending data from the easy relais to another device, but not receive data from another device. Is this correct or is there a way to send data to the easy relais over RS 232? If not what would be the best alternative to communicate between my ATMega32 and the easy relais?

Thanks,

Chris

Offline Mr. Spok

Re: interface to embedded processor?
« Antwort #1 am: November 16, 2007, 14:25:00 Nachmittag »
Hello Chris,

perhaps you can use Easy-Com for the communication.

You can looking here http://easy-forum.net/index.php?topic=2403.0 .

regards Jan
Für die Richtigkeit und Funktionalität der hier veröffentlichten Beispiele wird keine Gewähr übernommen.
Für Schäden, die durch Verwendung der Beispiele entstehen, wird keine Haftung übernommen.

Offline Chris C

« Antwort #2 am: November 16, 2007, 15:40:11 Nachmittag »
Hi Jan,

Thanks for your suggestion! This is what I would use on a typical PC platform (Hochspracheprogrammier), but this DLL does of course not work on my embedded ATMega32 processor. On the other hand this shows it is possible to have bi-directional communication on the program(COM) port via RS 232. So anyone more info on how to do this "low level"?

Thanks,

Chris

Offline Knodelpa

• easy god
  • I love easy-Forum.net
« Antwort #3 am: November 16, 2007, 16:13:13 Nachmittag »
Hi Chris,

please send a mail to easy@moeller.net. You can order the complete
protocol description. So you can write your own application.

regards Paul

Offline Chris C

« Antwort #4 am: November 16, 2007, 16:36:38 Nachmittag »
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your advice I will give it a try!

Chris

Offline Chris C

« Antwort #5 am: November 28, 2007, 11:05:02 Vormittag »
Hi all,

I've sent my request to easy@moeller.net last week Thursday, but still no response. Has anyone experience with the response time I can expect? Or maybe, is there anyone here on the forum who has this document and could possibly mail it to me?

Thanks,

Chris

Bimbo

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: November 28, 2007, 12:33:43 Nachmittag »
If you get an answer, please kontakt me (AT89C51)  8)