Autor Thema: 4-20mA Inputs to E4 UC 12RC1 operating on 24VAC  (Gelesen 4725 mal)

Offline ELWMS

• 400er...500...800...e4...Galileo
Antw:4-20mA Inputs to E4 UC 12RC1 operating on 24VAC
« Antwort #15 am: März 29, 2023, 11:01:12 Vormittag »
Hello!
Why does the EASY have to be operated with 24VAC? In the UC version, the EASY can also be operated with 12VDC.
2. Question: Do the power supply units have no electronic short-circuit protection on the secondary side, or why have 2 already been destroyed? I still maintain that mixing supply voltage (24VAC) with 12VDC at the analog inputs does not work. Unfortunately, there are in the tech. Data no precise statements about it. However, the information on the digital inputs always refers to the supply voltage. I also think that no digital 24VDC inputs may be connected to 24VAC devices, otherwise this addition would result in the tech. data makes no sense. See rated operational voltage.

Greedings ELWMS
C64...ABB ACS100 bis 880...ABB SAL...EPLan P8...STEP7...300/400 & TIA... EASY E4... GALILEO... EATON SWD... SEW...STÖBER...AUTOSEN...IT...PROFIBUS...PROFINET

Offline Simon Tyrcha

Antw:4-20mA Inputs to E4 UC 12RC1 operating on 24VAC
« Antwort #16 am: März 29, 2023, 21:41:03 Nachmittag »
Thank you, ELWMS!

I have been led to believe that the use of a 12vdc input could be possible while using 24VAC as controller input, however, I can accept if this is not the case, and use the 12VDC for controller input as well.

My goal was to keep all voltages inside of the controller enclosure the same type, as the controller relays are operating 24VAC valves. I suppose once 12VDC sensors were introduced to the project, this goal was both not as necessary, or as possible to maintain.

As stated previously, I can use the value scaling FB and have a succesful result when using both the sensor and controller on 12VDC; and we all know: if it works, don't change it!

Cheers!