Autor Thema: easy800 to Eaton HMI  (Gelesen 12224 mal)

Offline jvoumard

easy800 to Eaton HMI
« am: Mai 08, 2009, 05:16:07 Vormittag »
I am trying to connect an Eaton HMi06CE with an Easy819 relay. The HMI claims to be able to connect to the Easy800 via its RS232 port. I am unsure which cable I should use (EASY800-PC-CAB has not been successful). Any suggestions?

Offline Mr. Spok

Re: easy800 to Eaton HMI
« Antwort #1 am: Mai 08, 2009, 06:45:41 Vormittag »
Hello jvoumard,

you must use a EASY-MI4-Adapter from Moeller ZB4-03B-AD1. It´s responsible for the power electronics of the EASY800-PC-CAB.

rergards Jan

Für die Richtigkeit und Funktionalität der hier veröffentlichten Beispiele wird keine Gewähr übernommen.
Für Schäden, die durch Verwendung der Beispiele entstehen, wird keine Haftung übernommen.

Offline jvoumard

« Antwort #2 am: Mai 08, 2009, 08:54:08 Vormittag »
Thanks for your prompt reply. The connector suggested (ZB4-03B-AD1) has 9 pins to suit the EASY800-PC-CAB, and 15 pins on the other side. The Eaton HMi06CE (not a Moeller Mi4) has a 9-pin D connector. Is this solution still valid?

I guess the problem is to get power to drive the EASY-PC-CAB. I wonder if there is some other way to do this.

Regards

Offline Mr. Spok

« Antwort #3 am: Mai 08, 2009, 09:14:10 Vormittag »
Hello,

look at this article: http://easyforum.regulski.com/ef_berichte_usbadapter_en.html , as is described where the voltage of the cable must be.

regards Jan
Für die Richtigkeit und Funktionalität der hier veröffentlichten Beispiele wird keine Gewähr übernommen.
Für Schäden, die durch Verwendung der Beispiele entstehen, wird keine Haftung übernommen.

Offline jvoumard

« Antwort #4 am: Mai 08, 2009, 11:24:56 Vormittag »
Thanks for the information.

After reading the "regulski"article, I did try connecting the green and yellow wires inside the plastic cap of the EASY800-PC-CAB, unfortunately with no success. I wonder if the EASY800-MO-CAB would be worth a try.

Regards

Offline Mr. Spok

« Antwort #5 am: Mai 08, 2009, 12:37:53 Nachmittag »

...Is for the Eaton-panel a EASY driver available?
Try it out PIN2 and PIN3 in 9-pin connector to change.

regards Jan

Offline jvoumard

« Antwort #6 am: Mai 09, 2009, 04:26:42 Vormittag »
I had tried swapping pins 2 and 3 at the HMI with no result.

I am not sure that the Eaton HMi06CE can communicate, other than it's setup allows the selection of "EasyPLC800/MFD (Easycom). Default communications are then RS232; 8,1,none; 19.2k, COM1. I have also tried 9.6k. The COM1 on the HMI seems to work, as it can also be used to download programs to the HMI. Attached are screenshots . There is a default password of 12345678, which I will remove and try again.

However, whether the HMi06CE really can communicate with the EASY800, I do not know. The HMI manual itself does not mention it; Eaton have not replied to queries I have sent them over 1 week ago. The local Moeller reps do not know.

I do wonder if the EASY800-MO-CAB is worth a try.

I also wonder if the the HMI is meant to be plugged into the Titan-MFD display; this would not make much sense to me, as there would then be 2 HMI's.

Thanks for your time.

John

Offline Mr. Spok

« Antwort #7 am: Mai 11, 2009, 08:55:06 Vormittag »
Hi John,

you can try  EASY-800-MO-CAB . What do you want to read from the controller? Markers, counters, timers? Can you set in the HMI?

regards Jan

Offline jvoumard

« Antwort #8 am: Mai 11, 2009, 15:29:41 Nachmittag »
Hi Jan,

I will try the EASY800-MO-CAB, which may take a couple of days to get. (The HMI has been successfully connected to a small Omron PLC via its RS232 port, which indicates it can work; that suggests either the cable type is wrong, or the HMI's driver is wrong for the Easy800. I'll try the cable to see.)

In this application, the HMI will mainly be used to display messages and corrective actions based on interlock bits int the Easy800. A time/temperature profile can be set, with the Easy800 controlling on/off with hysteresis. The Easy program is functional without the HMI.

I'll let you know what happens.

Regards

John

Offline jvoumard

« Antwort #9 am: Juni 10, 2009, 10:13:34 Vormittag »
Hi Jan,

The EASY800-MO-CAB finally arrived today, and works fine. Much happiness on my end, and thanks for your help.

Regards

John