Autor Thema: Logging onto Moller EZ719  (Gelesen 13631 mal)

Offline Bilcor

Logging onto Moller EZ719
« am: Juli 18, 2013, 00:10:06 Vormittag »
I am attempting to log onto a Moeller EZ719 to read the program and do some repairs to the machine that it controls.  I have purchased the Eaton Easysoft Basic and a Eaton EZ719 AC RCX.  Also purchased the serial cable.  I logged on to the one that I bought and entered several programs to get used to using the unit.  Everything works fine on my setup. When I try to log onto the working machine (a pallet stacker) I get a connection error.  The Relay on the stacker is a Moeller EZ719 AC-RC.  It is password protected and we don't have the password and we don't know who installed the controller.  The stacker is about 20 years old and the Moeller PLC was installed sometime after the unit was originally sold.   It originally had a Cutler Hammer D100.  What will I have to do to get connected to the unit?

Any help is appreciated.

Bilcor

Offline Spellbreaker

Re:Logging onto Moller EZ719
« Antwort #1 am: Juli 18, 2013, 08:13:14 Vormittag »
It's not possible to remove the Password. If you're lucky, you can still erase the complete 719 and make a new Program. If that function is locked too, the Easy is not accessible in any way.

Only thing you possibly could do is to program your own "brute force" attacker that connects to the easy and tries every possible combination of numbers, but I'd guess that will take quite a while.

Sincerly,

Nico Blanke

Offline Bilcor

« Antwort #2 am: Juli 19, 2013, 05:10:50 Vormittag »
Today, I put a password on my new controller and when I attempt to connect to it, it asks for the password when I try to connect.  On the unit that I need to work on, I just get a connection error like  I don't have the cable connected.  When I get back to the plant, I will take some photos of the screens and put it on here.  Do I need to do something on the controller to be able to connect to it?
javascript:replaceText(' ::)', document.forms.postmodify.message);

Offline Bilcor

« Antwort #3 am: Juli 19, 2013, 16:12:28 Nachmittag »
Is there a setting on the EZ719 that want let communications establish unless the password is in the EZsoft program?   ???

Offline Maikky

« Antwort #4 am: Juli 19, 2013, 16:24:34 Nachmittag »
Dear Bilcor.

Most probably at the existing controller the password also blocks the interface.

In the "security" - window of EasySoft, where you enter the password, the areas are selected, where
a password - protection is valid.

For example the "interface" button blocks the connection between controller and EasySoft.
I assume that's what the supplier of the existing controller has done.

Please note, that you should not test it with your new controller. This one has to no push buttons
to manually enter the password. If you block the interface at your new controller this one also is not accessable.

Regards
Maikky