Autor Thema: Mask access with passwords  (Gelesen 4029 mal)

Offline Neil

• neil
Mask access with passwords
« am: September 21, 2004, 17:51:06 Nachmittag »
I have an application where I need to configure machine parameters using a series of masks. The display normally shows the main operation page which anyone is free to view. I have programmed the ALT key to display the first machine config mask, then further masks are displayed using the <> arrow keys. From these masks pressing ESC key returns back to the main operation page.

I need to restrict access to these masks so I set-up a password. However this does not stop the mask from being displayed, but only limits buttons being pressed until a password is entered. If the operator does not know the password there is no possibility to press the ESC key to return back to the main page. Can you suggest a way out of this problem without having to enter a password to get out of the restricted masks?

Thankyou,

Neil

Offline Neil

• neil
Re: Mask access with passwords
« Antwort #1 am: September 22, 2004, 16:00:40 Nachmittag »
OK I stumbled upon this application note which describes how to implement custom passwords using Value Entry which the value is then run through a Comparator. If correct password is entered then Mask Activation is used to change to a restricted mask.

ftp://ftp.moeller.net/MFD/APPL_NOTES/an2528v01g.exe

Cheers,

Neil

Offline CHIRVASE_TIM

Re: Mask access with passwords
« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 12, 2004, 00:32:08 Vormittag »
very good example! an A for Moeller Team!