Autor Thema: Remote email set-up  (Gelesen 2208 mal)

Offline ken.mccoy

Remote email set-up
« am: Dezember 21, 2020, 19:45:18 Nachmittag »
Sorry for using English,  the German forum is far more comprehensive than the English version....but I don't speak German.

After a few days of struggle, I am now successfully sending alarm notifications using DHCP for IP assignment and gmail.  I am happy with the basic email function.   

For commercial scale roll out, I will purchase multiple Easy E4-UC-12RCX1 and pre-install the same application software for each customer.    I want to offer the email alarm notification feature, but each customer will have his own unique list of who to notify. 

It seems that the only way to establish a recipient list is via the Project/email tab in easySoft7 and that implies a different version of the software installation for each customer.    It seems that the only solution would be to sell the relay without a recipient list, and then, if he wishes to do so, ask the customer to submit a list of email addresses.  The customer's contact list could then be loaded onto a MicroSD card (along with another copy of the application software) and have the customer install the new MicroSD card and run from the card.   

It seems like a cumbersome solution.   A better solution would be the capability to create or modify the recipient list via the webserver.   

Does anyone have a better idea?

Offline CiesleRa

• Global Moderator
  • easyE4 for President
Antw:Remote email set-up
« Antwort #1 am: Dezember 22, 2020, 18:37:36 Nachmittag »
Hi Ken,
I think the easyE4 webserver could be a possibility. If you are logged in as admin, you can change the email configuration.
If you are familiar with Node-Red and also invest in a RaspberryPi, you can also build a customer friendly dashboard.
Alle von mir bereitgestellten Programme sind reine Beispielprojekte. Die Verwendung erfolgt auf eigene Gefahr. Jegliche Haftung ist ausgeschlossen.

Offline ken.mccoy

« Antwort #2 am: Dezember 22, 2020, 20:29:46 Nachmittag »
Thankyou  for your answer.   If I could enter new email addresses or edit the existing list via the webpage  it would be perfect

My problem is that when I am logged into the webserver as admin, the Recipient List fields are gray and not blue.   I cannot enter new email addresses or edit what was loaded with the original software.   

Is there a check box somewhere in the Project vies or elsewhere that I need to check in order to give an admin full write permission via the webpage?

Offline CiesleRa

• Global Moderator
  • easyE4 for President
« Antwort #3 am: Dezember 23, 2020, 19:31:49 Nachmittag »
No, there is no special check box. Do you have the latest firmware on the easyE4.
It should be the 1.22. See Page 9 at the release notes.

Alle von mir bereitgestellten Programme sind reine Beispielprojekte. Die Verwendung erfolgt auf eigene Gefahr. Jegliche Haftung ist ausgeschlossen.

Offline ken.mccoy

« Antwort #4 am: Dezember 24, 2020, 00:26:07 Vormittag »
Thanks for the help.   I updated the firmware and I can now edit the email list.   Perfect.    http://easy-forum.net/Smileys/yarex2/grin.gif