Autor Thema: A little review please  (Gelesen 4300 mal)

Offline webweave

A little review please
« am: März 08, 2005, 05:55:49 Vormittag »
I made this 28 line program that is used to control a sorter. The operator chooses one of four items (I1-4) when the conveyor reaches the correct item the belt advances.  I feel I was too wasteful using 16 markers, was I?

Any opinions are welcome as I am am planing on using the easy on future projects and would like to improve my skills.

Thanks,
Brian

Offline DiscoStu

Re: A little review please
« Antwort #1 am: März 08, 2005, 16:34:21 Nachmittag »
Dear Brian,

you can use a marker more then one time in your programm as a contact.

For example in your first line you put the I1 on marker M1 and M13. You can do this also with only M1. This M1 you can use in line 12 and in line 16. This will have the same effect to the prgramm and you will save marker M13.
This you can do in the whole circuit diagram.

But remind that you can use a coil only one time.

regards

Stu

Offline webweave

« Antwort #2 am: März 08, 2005, 17:36:33 Nachmittag »
Thanks for the tip, I saved 4 markers and six program lines.

Offline DiscoStu

« Antwort #3 am: März 08, 2005, 19:31:45 Nachmittag »
Hi,

I forgot to say that you can even use the inputs more then one time in the programm.  ::)

The main thing is that you can use contacts like inputs, markers or the outputs of functionblocks as often as you want to.

But coils like functionblocks or outputs you can only use one time in the programm.

regards

Stu

Offline webweave

« Antwort #4 am: März 09, 2005, 02:43:55 Vormittag »
Hi Stu.

Another very good tip and I saved another 4 lines and 4 markers. Today I had a chance to go out to the shop floor and wire up my test fixture. It was fun to see it working the first try, which looks good on me and the easy soft printout made me look even more professional.  I am starting to plan my next project now and I think an easy800 will be perfect.

Brian