Autor Thema: Instruction Cycle duration.  (Gelesen 4350 mal)

Offline nicool67

Instruction Cycle duration.
« am: Juni 13, 2010, 06:09:26 Vormittag »
Hi, im trying to do an encoder aplicattion with an easy800 but im not sure if my application will miss some steps, do you know the duration of an instruction cycle?, my main issue is that i cant measure how many time will take the easy800 to read and process all my logic.

I read that the minimun time that takes to do a cycle is 0.1ms, but perhaps you could give me other time.

Thanks in advance!

Nicolas.

Offline Maikky

Re: Instruction Cycle duration.
« Antwort #1 am: Juni 13, 2010, 15:29:43 Nachmittag »
Dear nicolas.

I assume you are using an incremental encoder together with function block CI.

In this case you do not have to care about the cycle time. The CI blocks are working completely
independent from the cycle time and are hard wired to the inputs  I01 to I04.

Just note, that the output from CI blocks is twice the pulses, because the rising and falling
edges are counted. This method ensures that dithering around an edge will not be counted.

To get the correct result divide the block output by 2 using the arithmetic function block AR.

Regards
Maikky

Offline nicool67

« Antwort #2 am: Juni 13, 2010, 18:40:11 Nachmittag »
Thanks for the reply!, but i tried to read a 36Hz rate data from an encoder and i missed some steps!. Thats the reason i want to know how long it takes an easy to process the logic...basically, the cycle time.
I couldnt  find  either how long it take the diffent blocks (like analog comparators) in case i want to use them.

I believe the time that the easy takes to process al the data is really important in this cases. Is any documentation aviable wich i could find this data?.

Thank u so much in advance!.

Nicolas.

Offline Maikky

« Antwort #3 am: Juni 13, 2010, 22:01:57 Nachmittag »
Dear Nicolas.

Here
   www.moeller.net/en/products_solutions/motor_applications/control/easy/download.jsp
you can find the manual for Easy800 (AWB 2528-1423).

The frequency you like to measure is way below the limit of CI function block (which is 3kHz),
so it should work.

Regards
Maikky