Autor Thema: RETAIN PROPLEM AT EC4P  (Gelesen 12177 mal)

Offline etembey

RETAIN PROPLEM AT EC4P
« am: Dezember 16, 2010, 16:13:44 Nachmittag »

i am using a EC4P with inceramental encoder.
it is countig up down..but when i stop and start again to plc. this count value is been zero(0) again. what i must do for to be retain of this encoder count value at no power in plc.

thanks for your answer..
if have a example program at codesys..plase sent to my email.
ridvanethem@hotmail.com
best regard

Offline EControl

Re: RETAIN PROPLEM AT EC4P
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 19, 2011, 14:44:38 Nachmittag »
Hello,
 the EC4P doesn't support RETAIN or PERSISTENT type variables. The only workaround would be saving data in a file on MMC, but that would need a MMC + MMC adapter.
« Letzte Änderung: Februar 21, 2011, 17:46:27 Nachmittag von EControl »

Offline etembey

« Antwort #2 am: Februar 21, 2011, 22:15:24 Nachmittag »
thanks for your answers

Offline EControl

Re:RETAIN PROPLEM AT EC4P
« Antwort #3 am: März 06, 2011, 01:30:42 Vormittag »
...which was the wrong answer! I'm sorry, i made a big mistake! The only one of the both mentioned attributes which is not supported by the easyControl EC4P-xxx is 'PERSISTENT'. Thus, 'RETAIN' is supported (and works also well with e.g. occurring  power failures). The only thing you've to bother is, that due to the lack of 'PERSISTANT' being supported, you will lose the saved NVRAM RETAIN data when you trigger a ‘complete’ download, instead of just using an online change. I'd like to apologize for any inconvenience resulted from my mistake!
« Letzte Änderung: März 06, 2011, 01:40:30 Vormittag von EControl »

Offline Sam

« Antwort #4 am: März 07, 2011, 12:57:12 Nachmittag »
Hello all,

we had same problem last year at our project, after power-loss all data was lost. But Econtrol is right, it is possible to use retain variables. Only thing that you have to remember is not to use real addresses.
Do not to use real addresses in Global Variables list (like AT%MW100:WORD;). Use instead only MW100:WORD;
Regards,
Sami