Autor Thema: Retrieving program  (Gelesen 10938 mal)

Offline love-horsepower

Retrieving program
« am: November 21, 2011, 18:45:49 Nachmittag »
I have a customer with a easy512-dc-rc howcan I pull the program and install it in a bac up  easy 512? Also where is the fastest place to get the soft ware and do in need basic or pro?  Rod brace 515202-8090

Offline Urs

• I read easy-Forum.net
Re:Retrieving program
« Antwort #1 am: November 22, 2011, 19:19:01 Nachmittag »
Hello

If you buy a PC  Programming Software and cable you would be able to upload the loaded Application and download it to another easy PLC. But all the helptexts of the different blocks used in the application (mnemonics) woudn't be available since the are stored on the PC of the person who downloaded it once.

With other words only the machine code is loaded on the existing easy.

Another possibility would be to buy a memory card for about 40 $ from eaton / moeller or a rep.
This memory card you could plug- in to the exsiting easy and upload the loaded application from PLC to memory card, then you could unplug the memory card, plug it into the new PLC and power it up. The application should be loaded automatically from memory card into the new easy PLC. Then the memory card can be unplugged and stored in a safe place for further use.

To upload the application from PLC to memory card the PLC has to be placed in stop mode via the keys on the PLC front.

There is a explanaition how to do that under the link below:
http://controlparts.com/klockner.moeller/easy.programming/#mmods

This just describes the easiest and most convenient way, but you are free to buy the easy basic Software and a cable suitable for the 512 easy.

You could also download the Manual of the easy PLC first and read thu the steps first ( from eaton / moeller homepage ).

Regards
Urs

Offline love-horsepower

Re: Retrieving program
« Antwort #2 am: November 23, 2011, 00:12:09 Vormittag »
Thanks that is of great help!