Autor Thema: How to not stop easy e4 logic controller on extension error  (Gelesen 1422 mal)

Offline quadro

How to not stop easy e4 logic controller on extension error
« am: Februar 03, 2023, 16:09:24 Nachmittag »
Hi to all,
I am just trying to work with easy e4 and have logic controller and AC extension connected.
I want that logic controller continue to work even if AC extension do not have power since logic controller works on 24VDC and I need to have it operational with his own I/O.
Currently each time AC module do not have power CPU stops which I do not want and it is stupid.
I want that CPU reports extension problem BUT continue to work since nothing is wrong with him.
I can not find that settings anywhere.
Is it possible to do like I want.

Thank you

Quadro

Offline Konni66

• Global Moderator
  • Keine Panik!
    • Eaton Trainingscenter Bonn
Antw:How to not stop easy e4 logic controller on extension error
« Antwort #1 am: Februar 06, 2023, 08:44:17 Vormittag »
Good morning quadro,

I'm afraid it's not possible to keep controller running if extension power fails.
What values the controller work with if extension fails?
Shall the program guess values? Controller stop is the logic consequence.

Greetz
Konni

Die Programmierbeispiele sind zu Schulungszwecken gedacht. Trotz sorgfältiger Erstellung und Funktionsprüfung können Fehler nicht ausgeschlossen werden. Daher erfolgt die Verwendung der Programmteile in eigener Verantwortung.

Offline quadro

« Antwort #2 am: Februar 06, 2023, 15:35:25 Nachmittag »
Hi Konni66,
I think controller stop is not logic consequence since we have ID13 for extension not detected OR disconnected.
How we will get that if controller stops?
When we have 11 extension connected to CPU don't you think it is stupid to halt ALL just because one extension has gone bad.
Normal procedure would be to report error AND continue to work with rest of the extensions.
There is no need to guess anything since for missing extension I/O would simply be not used.
For my case I have logic on CPU that is on 24VDC and that logic should run not regarding if AC extension is on or off do to fact that I can use that extension ONLY when emergency generator is runnnig and supply 230 VAC to that extension.
For rest of the time ONLY 24VDC on CPU is what is needed.
I am working with different PLC and I/O manufacturers and I have never seen that ALL is halted just because one module is bad (it can be selected like that but in normal operation this is not I would use do to fact that with this you kill all functionality of system)
I think Eaton should correct firmware and allow us to decide what we want to do when one extension is bad or missing (hence ID13 error).
For me I see this as a system BUG.

BR
Quadro

Offline quadro

« Antwort #3 am: Oktober 01, 2023, 23:55:48 Nachmittag »
Just to let everybody know that this issue is resolved with new easysoft version 8.01 where you can select expansion to be optional and when it is missing base device will not go to stop.
Thank you guys from Germany !!!
This was a big issue.
So developers read this forum and react -great.