Autor Thema: Card Start No Longer working on FW 2.00?  (Gelesen 1329 mal)

Offline MPC

Card Start No Longer working on FW 2.00?
« am: Juli 21, 2023, 13:06:42 Nachmittag »
Anyone else having problems using card start on FW 2.00 Easy's? I have always used it on <1.42 versions with no problem at all.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks Mark

Offline JansenDa

• Administrator
  • easy god
Antw:Card Start No Longer working on FW 2.00?
« Antwort #1 am: Juli 25, 2023, 08:51:36 Vormittag »
Hi Mark,

can you give me a step by step description of the problem?
We will try to repeat it to be able to find a fix.

BR
Daniel

Offline MPC

« Antwort #2 am: Juli 26, 2023, 09:55:08 Vormittag »
Thanks for your reply.

The problem is simply that the 'card start' function via a microSD card is not working well.
I have written a very basic test program to change the background screen colour from green to red continuously and have loaded it to a microSD card using the EASYSOFT SD card symbol and set it as a start program.

In system settings I have selected with a tick the following. Card Start, Allow Overriding via card along with marker contents, function block contents, system event logging & (comments) Store in device. Also selected firmware to 2.00!

When I insert the card to the EasyE4 with 2.00 firmware the program does not auto run, it stays on STOP. Checking on the Easy the program has loaded.
Occasionally if I recycle the power to the EasyE4 it will auto RUN but not always.

I have always used this function to program EasyE4 in the past on the <1.42 firmware versions with no trouble at all. We use the function to allow us to post program updates to our clients EasyE4 rather than a site visit and it has worked well.

I just want to establish whether this issue is to do with a new setting I have missed or a bug in the 2.00 firmware version.

Many thanks Mark
« Letzte Änderung: Juli 26, 2023, 10:03:23 Vormittag von MPC »

Offline JansenDa

• Administrator
  • easy god
« Antwort #3 am: Juli 31, 2023, 11:22:21 Vormittag »
Hi Mark,

We recognized this bug and we will fix it in an upcoming version V2.02 at the end of August.
Until then you can try to deactivate the "Allow Overriding" function. We tried this as an intermediate quick fix and it seems to work then.

BR
Daniel

Offline MPC

« Antwort #4 am: August 03, 2023, 17:43:03 Nachmittag »
Many thanks for the reply. Glad it was a bug. I thought I was going mad!!