Autor Thema: MFD TITAN PROGRAMMING HELP  (Gelesen 7613 mal)

Offline K.VEDARAMAN

MFD TITAN PROGRAMMING HELP
« am: Juni 10, 2008, 18:25:17 Nachmittag »
Dear Friends,

I need some help in implementing the following in MFD Titan easy control relay. I am measuring the water flow rate through a pipe line using Frequency Counter function block. I want to totalise the volume of water. Also I want to do batching and would like to have auto and manual reset for batch volume and hold function to stop batching temporarily.

Can somebody help?

Offline KressSwiss

• easy god
  • Und sie dreht sich doch..."Galileo Galilei"
    • Electronics Planet
Re: MFD TITAN PROGRAMMING HELP
« Antwort #1 am: Juni 11, 2008, 12:57:54 Nachmittag »
Hi
Could you explain "batching" and "batch volume"? Sorry, my technical englis skills are not on a high level.

Do you think it is necessary to use a frequency converter? Was is the Frequency rate? According the manual:
-The maximum counter frequency is 5 kHz.
-The minimum counter frequency is 4 Hz.
-Only square wave signals are permissible.
-The mark-to-space ratio is 1:1.

May be, a simple counter is also suitable and much easyer to handle.
Regards
Hermann

« Letzte Änderung: Juni 11, 2008, 13:02:38 Nachmittag von KressSwiss »
Achtung:
Angehängte Dateien sind nur für eingelogte User sichtbar!

Offline K.VEDARAMAN

« Antwort #2 am: Juni 21, 2008, 12:11:32 Nachmittag »
Hi
Could you explain "batching" and "batch volume"? Sorry, my technical englis skills are not on a high level.

Do you think it is necessary to use a frequency converter? Was is the Frequency rate? According the manual:
-The maximum counter frequency is 5 kHz.
-The minimum counter frequency is 4 Hz.
-Only square wave signals are permissible.
-The mark-to-space ratio is 1:1.

May be, a simple counter is also suitable and much easyer to handle.
Regards
Hermann

Hi Hermann,

Thanks for your reply. The flow sensor generates square wave signal with 1:1 mark to space ratio and works fine with MFD Titan with Frequency function block enabled. The frequency of the incoimg signal is with in specifications. No problems  on this. I want to do is to measure the frequency, convert the value in to flow rate ( example litres/minute or cu.m/hr and also totalise the volume of water that has passed through the pipe over a period of time. For exmaple I want to totalise volume of water passing through the pipe for 30 days. In batching I will reset the toatl volume based on a event or time. It is clear to you now?

Thanks KV

Offline K.VEDARAMAN

« Antwort #3 am: Juni 21, 2008, 12:14:28 Nachmittag »
Hi Hermann,

Thanks for your reply. The flow sensor generates square wave signal with 1:1 mark to space ratio and works fine with MFD Titan with Frequency function block enabled. The frequency of the incoimg signal is with in specifications. No problems  on this. What I want to do is to measure the frequency, convert the value in to flow rate ( example litres/minute or cu.m/hr and also totalise the volume of water that has passed through the pipe over a period of time. For example I want to totalise volume of water passing through the pipe for 30 days. In batching I will reset the toatl volume based on a event or time. Is it clear to you now?

Thanks
KV

Offline boppel

• Zwei mal Halbwissen ist noch kein Vollwissen.
« Antwort #4 am: Juni 23, 2008, 00:49:33 Vormittag »
Good morning,

possibly following could solve your problem:

use a unit for constant cycle time (i.e. 100ms cycle time) and a fast counter.
The counter adds all pulses to the total volume. Store the counter value in a shift register which shifts every cycle (means, that every 200ms a value of the counter is stored). Sub the actual value from one of the outputs of the shift register (i.e. if you use the 5th output, then you have exactly 1 sec between the two values).
With arithmetic units you can convert the result to an applicable value (i.e. Ltr./min or gal./hr.).
For each batch you store the counter value at beginning and at end of the batch in a marker (the difference is the total volume of the batch or the difference of the start-value and the counter value is the actual volume before ending the batch).

Sorry for the bad english, but I hope you could understand the principle of my solution.

If not: Don't hesitate to ask specific questions.

Kindest regards

boppel

Offline K.VEDARAMAN

« Antwort #5 am: Juni 23, 2008, 14:08:18 Nachmittag »
Thank you my friends,

I shall try your sugesstions and revert.

Regards
K.V