Autor Thema: How to start with Easy512?  (Gelesen 11766 mal)

Offline MikeHenry

How to start with Easy512?
« am: März 04, 2014, 00:32:18 Vormittag »
I'm trying to use an Easy512-DC-RC to control a couple and sequence a couple of valves in response to the state of a pressure switch.

Can someone out there please suggest a code snippet that would help me get started?  I'm programming the Easy with the PLC front panel buttons - would using the PC software make the programming any easier?

I've looked through the operating instructions and a basic tutorial, but the programming for valve sequencing and timer functions are just not clicking with me.  Are there any Easy libraries with program examples or sample?

Thanks, Mike
« Letzte Änderung: März 04, 2014, 00:46:51 Vormittag von MikeHenry »

Offline Spellbreaker

Re:How to start with Easy512?
« Antwort #1 am: März 04, 2014, 10:10:05 Vormittag »
First of all, I would highly recommend to use the Easysoft to program the Controller, because using the Display is really a pain....But nevertheless, you need first of all to tell which State of the Q Relais is Valve open / close. Normally I'd guess if Q1 is active, the Valve is open. Your Program will look like that:
          __
--I1---M1--------SM1                         : Set Marker 1. Don't use I1 directly to avoid restart of the Program when pressing it again

--M1--------------SQ1                         : Output Q1 set Active
                  |-----TT1                         : Timer 1 Starts, set up to 150ms

--T1---------------SQ2                         : Output Q2 set Active
                  |-----TT2                         : Timer 2 starts, set up to 50ms

--T2---------------RQ2                         : Output Q2 set Inactive
                  |-----TT3                          : Timer 3 starts, set up to 20ms

and so on, the rest is easy to figure out, since it's always the same. When the Loop has finished, you have to use RM1 to unset the Marker and make it possible to restart the Program using I1

Hope that hels ;)

Spellbreaker

Offline MikeHenry

« Antwort #2 am: März 05, 2014, 05:21:46 Vormittag »
Thanks so much Spellbreaker - you really made my day!  Your program seems to work perfectly with just the controller and we will try it out with hardware tomorrow.

I tried the EasySoftPro Demo today and can see where that is a much better way to program, so I ordered a cable and the EasySoftPro software today.

Mike

Offline Spellbreaker

« Antwort #3 am: März 05, 2014, 14:23:30 Nachmittag »
Just for Info, you can also use the BlueTooth Adapter for programming, instead of the cable, so you can easily sit with your laptop 10 meters away from your controller ;)

Offline MikeHenry

« Antwort #4 am: März 07, 2014, 05:22:16 Vormittag »
Thanks - the Bluetooth adapter sounds like a much better solution.  Can the adapter stay attached to the Easy500 permanently?

Offline Spellbreaker

« Antwort #5 am: März 07, 2014, 08:38:33 Vormittag »
Yes it can stay there. You can also use more than 1 adapter for multiple Controllers, on each Adapter there's a code printed to identify them.