Autor Thema: Temperature sensing using analogue  (Gelesen 8298 mal)

Offline RogerP

Temperature sensing using analogue
« am: Dezember 01, 2004, 22:50:01 Nachmittag »
I am interested in using the Easy 800 relays and EasyNET to creat a control system for space heating in an existing factory. I would like to use analogue temperature sensing in different areas of the factory, and for outside temperature too.

Although I have no details yet, I am very interested in the possibility of using the OPC server available soon to create a visual SCADA type interface to the system, perhaps using VisualBasic on a PC.

I would very much appreciate advice on the type of sensor I could use, and how to connect it. Further advice on NET cabling, size, maximum lengths etc, would also be very useful to me.

I haven't yet used the Easy relay, but the information I have gathered so far makes it look a very useful pice of kit, especially the networking ability which isn't available on other logic controllers such as Mitsubishi Alpha, etc.

Offline julian

• I love easy-Forum.net
Re: Temperature sensing using analogue
« Antwort #1 am: Dezember 02, 2004, 12:27:11 Nachmittag »
See the attached file.
If you need further informations visit the Moeller Support page and search for EASY.
There are all informations available about it.
Regards,
Julian
« Letzte Änderung: Dezember 02, 2004, 18:42:26 Nachmittag von julian »

Offline tommyrush

• I love easy-Forum.net!
« Antwort #2 am: Dezember 02, 2004, 18:22:06 Nachmittag »
Roger

Hi there

I use the easy 800 for a similar application.  A good place to source 0 -10v temperature sensors is a company called:- Titan Sensors, there based in Stock-port, Manchester.

As for the easy-net cable. I use a standard CAT5E Cable.

If you are interested in a SCADA application for the easy800 or MFD have a look at http://www.expidas.net

Regards

Tommy Rush

Offline RogerP

« Antwort #3 am: Dezember 02, 2004, 23:56:59 Nachmittag »
Thanks for both your replies so far.

I had already studied much of the information on the Moeller sites, which is what prompted me to seriously consider using the Easy800 relays. I was perhaps hoping for some more specific advice.

As for Titan Controls, their website looks promising and I am contacting them.

Finally, Tommy, what sort of lengths of NET cabling have you used Cat5e cable for? The Moeller information does recommend specific CSA for cables depending on length. My cables may be 50 to 100m long between successive relays. I need to be sure that Cat5e would work OK at those lengths. It does have a price advantage over Moeller NET cable, which is some £81/100m, against maybe £70 for 300m of Cat5e.

Again, many thanks.

Roger.

Offline tommyrush

• I love easy-Forum.net!
« Antwort #4 am: Dezember 03, 2004, 14:41:23 Nachmittag »
Roger

I have used a Cat5E cable on a network distance of about 100m, relay to relay. I have not tested this upto the maximum length that moeller recommend though, which is about 1000m i think. Titan controls are very good on price, a typical wall mounted 0-10v transmitter is only about £30. some other companys charge aroung £80.

Hope this is of some use. :)

Regards

Tommy Rush

Offline RogerP

« Antwort #5 am: Dezember 03, 2004, 18:42:46 Nachmittag »
Thanks Tommy.

I think the cable CSA limitation refers to the length of EACH cable between relays. So I guess I can use Cat5e so long as my total network does not exceed 1000m.

As for Titan, they have emailed me twice today with info, and yes the prices are very good.

Thanks for the lead.

All the best, Roger.