Autor Thema: Trouble to connect CAN with a XC100 and an EU5-SWD-CAN gateway.  (Gelesen 7206 mal)

Offline nicool67

Trouble to connect CAN with a XC100 and an EU5-SWD-CAN gateway.
« am: Juli 26, 2010, 04:47:48 Vormittag »
Hi to all!, im having really trouble to make a CAN connection between an XC100 PLC and a EU5-SWD-CAN gateway device.

The gateway shows the SWD led green, so the Darwin net is OK, but when i connect the CAN interface of the gateway to the XC100 the CAN led flashes green and never stops!. I dont know if the CAN connection is right, so i attached a picture that shows what im doing, could anyone told me if this connection is correct?.

In the gateway, i swithed on the first dip switch wich is supposed to activate the internal end of line resistor.

Thanks in advance.
« Letzte Änderung: Juli 26, 2010, 04:50:37 Vormittag von nicool67 »

Offline ALU

Re: Trouble to connect CAN with a XC100 and an EU5-SWD-CAN gateway.
« Antwort #1 am: Juli 26, 2010, 11:22:17 Vormittag »
Hello nicool67,

Your gateway shows the following LED-States:
POW   = Yellow.
CAN   = Flashing green (Pre-opereational –> CANopen connection OK.)
CONFIG   = Off (No SWD-Configuration has been submitted from the CAN-Master PLC)
SWD   = Green. The stored SWD configuration matches the actual SWD-configuraton.

The SWD-Gateway will not start until it has checked the available SWD-configuration against the configuration expected by the PLC.
Submitting the expected SWD-configuration is not supported by the actual XC100 targets, so all You need to do is to switch off this initial check.
In your PLC project go to:
Resources/PLC Configuration/EU5C-SWD-CAN and select the tab “Service Data Objects”.
There the value of index 2003 “Disable configuration check” has to be set to 1(Yes).

Best regards

Offline nicool67

« Antwort #2 am: Juli 26, 2010, 16:29:49 Nachmittag »
Thanks a lot for the reply!, now im having new troubles!. I dont know what i modified but now im having a red blinking in the CAN led. Im panic rigth now!, ive checked in the gateway manual and it seem that is a CAN error.

I dont know what should i do!, can you give me any tip?. Is the connection OK?, is probably that i could have any trouble in the CAN configuration?.

Thanks a lot!.
« Letzte Änderung: Juli 27, 2010, 04:28:46 Vormittag von nicool67 »

Offline ALU

« Antwort #3 am: Juli 27, 2010, 14:04:55 Nachmittag »
Ok, there are four main reasons the CAN-LED may turn red.

Flickering (fast blinking) = The auto-bitrate detection is in progress, the gateway is trying to detect a valid CANopen-Baudrate. This state is reached after power-on or following a reset-device command. Make sure there is some traffic on the bus, Nodeguarding (Guard_Time / LifeTimeFactor) or Heartbeat (for XC100 and SWD-Gateway) has been activated.

Single flash = Error-warning state reached. There are communication-errors on the bus.

Double flash = Guarding-Error. Nodeguarding or Heartbeat has timed out.

On = CAN-Controller in bus-off state. No communication.

By the way, is your Node-ID setting correct?

Is the CAN connection OK ?
- In Online-Mode look at Resources/Bibliothek 3S_CANopenManager.lib/Globale_Variablen
gCanInterface[0].nRx_Index_IEC and
gCanInterface[0].nTx_Index_IEC.
If both variables rotate the PLC sends and receives CAN-messages.
- In Online-Mode look at Resources/Global Variables/CanOpen implicit Variables
   pCanOpenNode[X].nStatus
This variable displays the state of CANopen-device ‘X’ as it is suspected by the CANopen-Master state.
   0-3 initialisation
   4 ready to start
   5 running
   >5 error states

Regards

Offline nicool67

« Antwort #4 am: August 08, 2010, 23:46:57 Nachmittag »
Ive tried and tried with no succes. Can you please give me a project example to make a simple test?. Im using an XC100 64kb PLC module, a EU5-SWD-CAN gateway and a M22 with a led. I cant make this to work, please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Offline nicool67

« Antwort #5 am: September 07, 2010, 19:09:40 Nachmittag »
It worked!, the problem was int the XC100!. Thanks to all!. If someone wants an example please send me an email.

Best Regards,
Nicolas.