Autor Thema: water meter pulse  (Gelesen 4891 mal)

Dino

• Gast
water meter pulse
« am: August 06, 2009, 09:42:53 Vormittag »
Is it possible to you a pulse from a water meter to regulate an anolgue output to a variable drive. I think i could do it using a frequency to anologue converter device but would like to give it a go using an easy if possible. The senario i have is i have a borehole pump which must not take more than 1.4cube an hour so i was woundering if by using an easy you could speed up or slow down the drive using the analogue output.

Offline K.VEDARAMAN

Re: water meter pulse
« Antwort #1 am: August 07, 2009, 16:45:20 Nachmittag »
Dear Mr.Dino

Yes, It is possible to count the frequency and send it to the analog output. What you have to do is take the input in MFD Titan or Easy 800 input 1/2/3/4(any one input) and configure this input to CF (frequency counter) function block. This function block will count the no. of pulse/second. If you know the volume of water /pulse you can take this CF output to LS function block and scale it to represent flow rate in gpm/lpm/m3/hr. Once you have this, take this LS output to analogue output via PID function block. You may use proportional only or Proportional plus integral for controlling the analog output value which inturn will control VFD of the pump motor.

I hope my suggestion is useful

Regards
K.Vedaraman

Dino

• Gast
FAO K.Vedaraman
« Antwort #2 am: August 10, 2009, 12:15:18 Nachmittag »
Cheers for your reply reguarding the pulse from a water meter, haven't been doing programming very long so was woundering if you had an example i could look at.